TYCWP Board Member Application
The Young Clergy Women Project is a network of the youngest ordained clergy women.
The YCWP Board is responsible for oversight of the larger group, raising funds and managing resources effectively, and strategically planning for the organization’s future. Some members of the board are also responsible for the production of our bi-weekly publication, Fidelia’s. Please note that the in-person board meetings are held in conjunction with the conference. Some scholarship money will be available for travel. Room and Board at the meetings are covered in full.
It is expected that every TYCWP Board Member will:
- Serve a three-year term
- Attend the annual Full Board Meeting in person (July 13-15, 2017, Vancouver BC – room and board provided, some scholarships for travel costs available)
- Attend quarterly Full Board Meetings virtually (2-4 PM Eastern Time, October 26, 2017; January 25, 2018; April 26, 2018)
- Serve in one Work Group, with meetings at least monthly (Conference, Development, Community Life, Editorial)
- Make a yearly personal financial contribution to TYCWP according to your ability
- Maintain a Gmail account for Board communications and a Facebook profile for community support and connection
- Demonstrate dedication and commitment to TYCWP’s mission and serve in accordance with our stated policies and handbook
- Please understand, being a board member changes the manner in which you participate in the Secret Facebook Group, as you represent the project, as well as yourself, in this role.
If a board member fails to meet these expectations, their board membership will be taken up by the Executive Committee for consideration.
All board members must be TYCWP project members for at least 6 months before applying, and they must not be older than 37 at the beginning of their term (July 2017). One board seat in each class is reserved for a clergywoman of color.
We are so glad you are considering applying to join the leadership of our organization! We believe TYCWP offers a significant gift to young women in ministry, and that board service is both a way of giving back and enjoying a greater level of involvement with the project.
Applications are due February 28, and you can expect to hear back from TYCWP in regards to next steps before March 5.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Kelly Boubel Shriver & Molly Field James
Co-Chairs, The Young Clergy Women Project