Behold, Fidelia’s readers! The dark nights of Advent are always a bit brighter with Chalice Press’ annual Advent devotional, Partners in Prayer. But this time Partners in Prayer is even better: it’s written and edited by yours truly, The Young Clergy Women Project.
This year’s devotional guide invites readers to “Sing a New Song” (Psalm 98) and greet the Christ child as the whole earth sings God’s praise. Each daily devotion is brief: a short Bible passage, devotional paragraph, and prayer. In addition, there is a litany to use for lighting an Advent wreath for each Sunday of Advent and Christmas Eve/Day. This guide is written for people of all ages, demographics, and denominations, and you will recognize authors’ names from past Fidelia’s and Chalice publications.
How can you utilize the Partners in Prayer Advent Devotional in your ministry? Here are a few possibilities:
- Distribute to church members, friends, and neighbors to invite them to your Advent and Christmas services
- Distribute to shut-ins, area hospitals, and nursing homes
- Build a weekly Advent formation series around the reflections and the Bible passages they are based on
- Incorporate the prayers into worship services
- Reflect further on one of the devotions in a Sunday sermon or a mid-week Advent service
- Use one of the devotions each week as inspiration for your children’s lesson
- Create quiet space for yourself by reading the devotions during your personal prayer time
- Use with your family as a devotion at mealtime or bedtime
- Celebrate Advent and Christmas after Advent and Christmas by using the devotional in January (a fun way to celebrate the season after all of the business of leading during the season – and it can all be done before Lent)
The Partners in Prayer Advent Devotional is a versatile resource, and it makes a fantastic Advent gift for friends and family. This guide is a great way to introduce TYCWP to people of all ages and denominations, giving you an opportunity to share what TYCWP means for you and how it impacts your ministry. At only $3.15 per booklet (or less, when you buy 25 or more copies), Partners in Prayer is a lovely gift that has depth and meaning but won’t break the bank. TYCWP even receives a royalty from the sale of our devotional guide, which means more resources to help young clergy women in ministry.
Order your copies of Partners in Prayer here. We hope you will share this resource with your congregation, friends, and family, but please don’t wait to spread the news! Many congregations and pastors are planning Advent services and activities now.
P.S. Want to get your hands on a free copy of our Advent Devotional? Sign up by October 31 to make a recurring monthly donation of $10 or more to TYCWP, and we will send you a free copy as our way of saying thank you! Click here to learn more about becoming a regular supporter of TYCWP.