YCWI offers conferences for continuing education
and in-person fellowship.
Community is one of YCWI’s core values and our regular conferences are a key part of our community. Each conference features speakers, worship, and workshops.
YCWI is excited to gather together with members and recent alumnae for our 2024 in-person conference in Washington, DC on May 21-24. Our conference theme is “Can These Bones Live? Embodying Hope and Justice.”
We look forward to 100+ of our members joining together in Washington DC to study Ezekiel 37 together and reflect on rest, prophecy, and vision. Through the keynote speaker’s presentation, discussion, and worship YCWI members and alumnae will learn and collaborate across ecumenical, racial, geographic, and social lines to live fully into the Gospel as we are called.
- In 2022, we held a hybrid conference with the theme, “In Every Place.” Local site hosts provided an opportunity for regional gathering alongside a fully virtual option.
- In 2020 and 2021, the conference was fully virtual to allow a space to pray and learn together in the time of COVID.
- In 2019, we headed back to Atlanta, Georgia, USA, to explore the topic “Altars and Altered: Preparing the Way for Young Clergy Women.”
- Our 2018 Conference was in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, and we focused on the theme “We: Embodied Ministry, Justice and Reconciliation.”
- For our first non-US conference, in 2017 we headed to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, to talk about God’s Stories, Our Stories.
- Boston University welcomed us to Boston, Massachusetts, USA, for our 2016 conference, themed ‘Leading With Presence.’
- In 2015 we were welcomed to Austin, Texas, USA, and Austin Seminary.
- The 2014 conference was held in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
- In 2013, we hosted our sixth conference at Vanderbilt Divinity School in Nashville, Tennessee, USA.
- In 2012, we hosted our fifth conference at McCormick Theological Seminary in Chicago, Illinois, USA, to explore sabbath.
- We hosted our own Conference in 2010 at Candler School of Theology at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, followed by our conference in 2011 all about rest and renewal at Duke Divinity School in Durham, North Carolina, USA.
- Cathedral College in Washington, DC, USA, was the site for preaching conferences in 2007 & 2008.
Registration for conferences is open to all young clergy women and future young clergy women.
In Every Place
2022 Hybrid Conference
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
2019 Conference Site