This Summer, the YCW are GTT
I look forward to the Young Clergywomen Conference every summer. For me, it’s a no-miss July ritual, right up there with hotdogs and fireworks. The Young Clergywomen Conference re-charges mind, body, and soul, comfortably navigating the line between solemnity and frivolity. Where else can you break from evening prayer and adjourn for beers at a local pub? The YCW conference, that’s where.
This year, YCW Conference will kick up its boot heels in Austin, Texas–that weird keeping, laid-back, music-loving capital of Texas. The dates are July 6-9, 2015 and Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary will be our gracious host. Located just across the street from the University of Texas, and blocks away from downtown Austin, APTS is nestled between restaurants, pubs, and the ubiquitous Texas treat — breakfast tacos. Fellowship with old and new friends is a cornerstone of all YCW conferences, and Austin will provide the perfect context to feed your soul and stomach with the food of friendship.
As it turns out, this conference is all about context — from its location at Austin Seminary, to its keynote speaker, Dr. Margaret Aymer, professor of New Testament at Interdenominational Theological Center (Atlanta). She’s going to be working with us on Contextual Bible Study, a tool that arose out of the church’s response to Apartheid in South Africa. You can find her over at Twitter, where she is very active under the handle @mayog.
In addition to workshops, the conference will also offer:
- Self-Care Opportunities (such as the very popular mani/pedis)
- Field Trips for Spouses/Partners/Traveling Companions
- Childcare will be available!
- Cost: Early Registration fee for 2015 is $160. Childcare, meals for traveling companions (non-conference attending adults), and t-shirts are extra. You may pre-register here.
- Hotel: We have a group rate set up at the Holiday Inn-Midtown, Austin. The cost is $99/night. We may have more housing options available in the coming months. If you would like to reserve a room at the Holiday Inn-Midtown, please go to this link. You are responsible for arranging your own housing for the conference.
See y’all in Texas!
 gone to Texas